I remember research right?
I’ve done a lot of research on this lithium topic. A lot. And after awhile, well, some of it starts to blur together.
I saw a guy putting a cell log 8 into his Chevy Volt battery plug and getting live results from his battery. Voltage checks down to the .00X of a volt. How cool is that?
So I immediately order one for myself. I get it home. I trim the plastic tab, I plug it in. Nothing.
So I go back online. I find a guy, with a video, maybe he’s setting up differently? Sure enough. He built a “breakout board” (which he was selling for $80) and hooked his cell logs into them.
Well. So much for the cell log 8 I thought. There went $20 bucks.
So a few days later I’m rereading a post on the volt battery management on endless-sphere and voila. Here’s the original post I saw.
Turns out I had clipped off the wrong plastic tab and was inserting the cell log upside down. Doh!!!
Imagine me running outside. Dashing into the tractor shed. Clipping the offending plastic barrier off. Plugging it into the Volt plug carefully watching the orientation. And. Result!
Low cell count
Here is a cell log of the battery that tested with low cells. I didn’t use it in my system install. I had planned on selling it, but thought I couldn’t as I had bad cells. Turns out though, while they are low, they are not dropping. So I will charge up (balance) these cells and we’ll see if I can get this battery back to full function.
That would be 2.125kw of sweetness.